Garden Venue (Pty) Ltd
Terms and Conditions
A FUNCTIONS, PARTIES AND EVENTS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Collection Garden Venue (Pty) Ltd reserve the right to admission and will not be held responsible for any loss, theft, damage or injury of any kind experienced on the premises.
1) All agreed menus will be stated in the contract booking form and prices are subject
to change by management only, should there be significant price increase in ingredients or seasonal shortages.
2) Menus cannot be changed after the 7 days final deposit and can only be changed prior to this if within the scope and budget of the venue.
The event will be carried out as per the details discussed and agreed on, in the quotation document. Should any expectations not be met, that are not indicated on the document, The Collection will not be held liable.
1) All bar staff, waiters and waitresses will be charged for outside of business hours and during business hours, if the no of people is over 50 pax. 1 barman per 50 people is required and 1 waiter per 30 people is required. The cost per barman and waitrons is R40 per hour. The cost per hour after cut off time is R50/hour/staff member.
2) All other staff is the responsibility of the venue.
1) Should you want waiters taking drink orders from tables, these waiters will be additional staff and 1 waiter per 3 tables is required at R40/hour per waitron.
2) If you are running an open bar, a 10% service charge will be added to the bill.
3) The open bar account additional account is to be settled on the day of the function once cashed up.
4) A limit on the open bar is to be advised 1 month prior to the function and 100% of this limit is to be paid with the balance of the deposit 7 days prior to the engagement. Should the limit not be reached the balance will be refunded with the breakage deposit (if applicable) within 7 working days after completion of the function. Please advise management in writing if contracted service providers may drink from the open bar.
5) Corkage fees will be applied to any alcoholic beverages brought onto the premises. Alcoholic beverages may only be brought onto the premises with
the prior agreement of management and the list of the items have to be in writing. The corkage fees are:
R50 per bottle – standard items (wines and champagnes)
R100 per bottle – non-standard items (spirits)
1) The venue tariff includes: crockery, cutlery, tables, chairs, chair covers (where
applicable), white table cloths (where applicable), napkins (where applicable), ashtrays, salt & pepper cellars and glasses.
2) The venue tariff excludes: Food, beverages, all decor, sound equipment, entertainment, special lighting, price changes, barmen and waiters, and special service providers.
3) All additional items and services can be arranged and are quoted for accordingly.
4) A R500.00 refundable deposit (for specific functions only) is to be paid for any breakages. Should breakages or damage to the property exceed this amount, you will be invoiced accordingly. This deposit will be refunded within 7 working days of your function, less any debits for breakages, damages and overtime.
5) Any additional costs incurred, will be invoiced by ourselves and are to be paid within
48hours completion of the function.
6) No deposits can be deducted from your bill on the night of the function.
1) For short term notice bookings, 50% of invoice required, to be paid to confirm the booking and balance due 7 days prior to function.
2) For long term notice bookings, we require a 25% non-refundable deposit on confirmation of booking and signed contract (with a minimum of R5000), followed by
50% of the balance 3 months prior to engagement and the balance 7 days prior to
3) We will only proceed with the engagement if the payments are made, with no exceptions. The deposit secures the time and date of your engagement and no dates are confirmed unless the deposit is paid.
4) Outstanding balances (if any) must be settled prior to departure from the function. Any amounts remaining unsettled at this point will be subject to interest at 20% pa for every day outstanding.
1) Confirmed reservations cancelled within 8 weeks of the function date forfeit all deposits that have been paid. If the event is cancelled 9 or more weeks prior to the function date, all deposits (except for the 25% non-refundable confirmation deposit as mentioned above) will be refunded.
2) Dates may be deferred and deposits will be kept in lieu of this date.
3) All first deposits paid are non refundable.
A guaranteed number of heads must be confirmed one week prior to the function and the final payment will be in accordance with these numbers and no refund will be given should the numbers decrease.
1) The Venue is open for viewing by appointment only. The office hours are Monday- Friday 08h00 to 16h30 and viewings over the weekends can be arranged.
2) Cut-off times for functions are as follows: Breakfast – 12h00
Brunch – 14h00
Lunch – 17h00
Dinner – 00h00 music to be switched off and bar closes, 12h30 all personal items to be cleared on the night or by 08h00 the next morning by arrangement.
3) No extended time periods can be applied to evening functions what so ever. Due to strict local noise regulations, all music must stop promptly at midnight. The Collection reserves the right to regulate the volume of all music at functions held at the venue.
4) Any breakfast, brunch or lunch functions that continue after these times will be subject
to a charge of R500.00/hour for the venue, excluding the bar and waiter overtime costs.
No smoking is allowed in any of the indoor areas and is only allowed in designated smoking
areas, which are well provided for.
Set-up and Break-down
You or your function decorator may only commence preparations as per the agreed times
stated on your contract. All decorations that you are wanting to take home, must be removed from the venue half an hour after cut-off time or at 8am the following morning.
The Collection is not responsible for any electrical power-cuts and will not be held responsible for loss of function time as a result of this.
There is a generator on the property, that can run certain areas for the venue for emergencies.
All prices stated are subject to change and are based on market related prices as of the date on your quotation.
The Venue has set menu options, but should there be a special requirement, we will
certainly endeavour to help in this regard. No self-catering is allowed.
We take no responsibility for outdoor functions and the client remains responsible for any
extra costs that may result from a change in the weather that may affect the arrangements for the function.
The Collection reserves the right to publish all photographs taken on the premises.
B Conferences Terms and Conditions
The Collection reserve the right to admission and will not be held responsible for any loss,
theft, damage or injury of any kind experienced on the premises.
All agreed menus to be stated on booking form prior to commencement of the conference.
The conference will be carried out as per the details discussed and agreed on, on the booking form. Should any expectations not be met, that are not indicated on the document, The Collection will not be held liable.
The following is included in the conference rates:
Data projector, Screen, Amplification, Flip chart , Notepads and pens, White board and markers, Tea and coffee, Staggered snacks, Lunch with one soft drink, Mints/sweets and Water on the tables, All staff
All staff are included in the daily tariff, however should the company request a full bar or a banquet type meal, staff costs will be applied accordingly (refer to Staff in Function section). The Terms and Conditions of the Event Venue then become applicable.
A 50% deposit is required on confirmation of the conference venue balance of money owing is due 1 week prior to commencement of conference, unless otherwise arranged and agreed to.
Deposits will only be refunded in full if 7 working days’ notice of cancellation is advised.
25% of the 50% deposit will be refunded with a 2-5 day cancellation notice period. Conferences may be deferred and deposits will be kept in lieu of the new date set.
Numbers confirmed 48 hours prior to commencement of the conference will be billed for
regardless of the turnout number. These numbers are to be confirmed on the booking form.
1) A cash bar is available on request (Company’s must approve the serving of liquor to their
2) Should the company wish to have an open bar, the reserve amount is to be advised and paid in full prior to commencement of the conference and balances owing to be advised and paid for within 24 hours of conference completion date.
3) The Terms and Conditions of Functions above will be applicable.
4) Complimentary juice, water and tea is provided throughout the day.
Full day – 8am-5pm
Half day – 8am-1pm
Any equipment or stock required for the conference can be delivered to: The Collection Venue
2021 Boendoe Road, off Garsfontein Drive
GPS : S25°49,630’ E28°19,140’
Directions and Map can be found on www.thecollection.co.za Deliveries may only take place between 08h00 and 16h30. Weather:
Unfortunately we take no responsibility for outdoor functions and the client remains responsible for any extra costs that may result from a change in the weather that may affect the arrangements for the function.
The Collection Bali reserves the right to publish all photographs.
All prices stated are subject to change and are based on market related prices as of the date on your quotation.
C MARKET ORGANISERS
1) The Collection reserve the right to admission and will not be held responsible for any loss, theft, damage or injury of any kind experienced on the premises.
2) The Collection takes no responsibility for loss of business owing to the weather and no stall fees will be refunded, should it not be possible to have the market.
3) The Collection reserves the right to publish all photographs taken on the premises
4) Cancellation: Market dates cannot be cancelled and no monies will be refunded, but dates may be deferred to another time.
5) Exhibitors shall adhere to allocated loading zones and parking areas. Vehicles are allowed inside the gates to offload and reload and must then be moved to the parking area. No vehicles shall block any entrance to the venue for any amount of time whatsoever. No driving on the grassed areas is allowed.
6) Exhibitors are expected to conduct themselves in an orderly and dignified way and The Collection has the right to remove any person that they deem not to be behaving in such a way.
7) No drugs or alcohol are allowed on the premises by individuals and no exhibitor may drink alcoholic beverages, unless in the designated areas.
8) The Collection is a non-smoking venue and smoking may only take place in designated smoking areas.
9) Exhibitors may not deface any walls in the venue. No paint, prestik, nails or any other hanging device may be used to display product.
10) Exhibitors will not bring in and use any electrical equipment unless agreed in writing by The Collection.
11) Any complaints are to be handled by The Collection Management only. Market Organisers may not instruct, complain or discipline any member of The Collection Staff.
12) There are credit card facilities on site, should customers require cash or payment via credit card. A 5% commission shall be charged on all transactions.
13) No animals are allowed on the premises.
1) I acknowledge that all transactions will be subject to The Collection Terms and conditions
2) I acknowledge that by making a payment towards the event, I hereby enter into a contract with The Collection and accept the Terms and Conditions thereof.
3) I acknowledge that the Terms & Conditions of The Collection, were made available to me and that I have read them and was given the opportunity to consider and understand them.
4) I agree that I will be liable for charges when applicable as stipulated in the standard Terms and Conditions.
5) I agree that the booking form, detailed quotation and invoice forms part of the agreement. Any changes to these listed documents are to be made in writing only.
6) I confirm that I enter into an agreement out of my own free will, without any undue influence or duress being applied to me.
The Place to Be